TAG Ed Workforce Forum
Thursday, November 16, 2023 (8:00 AM - 1:00 PM) (EST)
Are you curious about where Georgia's tech talent stands and how we can bridge the talent gap effectively? TAG-Ed invites you to join us for this informational event where we will delve into the status and needs of Georgia's workforce while collaborating on a strategy to shape our future tech talent pool.
This event is coupled with the Georgia House Technology and Innovation Infrastructure Committee, takes place on November 16th from 8AM-1PM. Together, we'll assess the current workforce landscape, identify its needs, and collaborate on implementing strategies for the future talent pool, specifically in the field of AI and Cyber Security.
Save the date and join us as we work together to secure a brighter future for Georgia's tech workforce.
Please feel free to extend this invitation to anyone in your organization who can contribute to and benefit from this vital discussion.
- 8:00, Breakfast
- 8:30, Welcome, Chairman Todd Jones
- 8:35, Georgia’s Tech Workforce Update, Larry Williams, TAG
- 8:45, National Tech Workforce Update, CompTIA
- 9:15, Welcome and Georgia Tech Update, Bert Reeves, Georgia Tech
- 9:45, TCSG Update, Steven Ferguson
- 10:00, USG Update, Art Recesso
- 10:15, Georgia Match, Andy Parsons, Georgia Student Finance Commission
- 10:30, Workforce Update from Erika Smith, Microsoft
- 10:45, Workforce Update from Maria Saab, Amazon (tentative)
- 11:00, Atlanta Tech Workforce Update, Donnie Beamer, Mayor’s Office of Technology
- 11:15, Atlanta Workforce Update, Tim Cairl, Metro Atlanta Chamber
- 11:30, K-12 Computer Science, Codeye Woody, Code.org
- 11:40, SB 108 Update, Lavita Williams, Department of Education
- 11:50, K-12 State by State Comparison, Bryan Cox, Constellations and CS4GA
- 12:00, Update from FinTech Academy, Laura Gibson-Lomothe
- 12:10, Adjournment
From the North
Take the Techwood Drive Exit (I-75 exit 250, I-85 exit 84) to 14th/10th Street. Turn left at the first light onto 14th Street. Cross the interstate and turn right onto Spring Street.
From the South
On I-75/I-85 North take the 10th Street/14th Street Exit. Turn right at the first light onto 10th Street. Turn right onto Spring Street. Parking Turn right into the alley just before LA Fitness. The parking garage will be the last building on the right and labeled “Centergy Parking.”
75 5th St NW Hodges Room Suite 3500
TAG Ed Programs